Women have faced major disadvantages throughout the course of history. These brave ladies conquered all the obstacles and challenges set in front of them. Some of these courageous women helped to campaign for equal rights, worked as aviator mechanics, or defying authoritative figures to save lives. Some changed the world with their deaths, but most did so with their lives.
These 33 photos of strong and strong women are not only fascinating but hopefully inspiring to all of us, women and men alike.
1) Photographer Margaret Bourke-White Atop the Chrysler Building. (1934)
2) Sabiha Gökçen from Turkey, First Female Fighter Pilot. (1937)
3) Anna Fisher Became the First Mother in Space. (Circa 1980’s)
4) A Female Mason Overlooking the City of Berlin. (Circa 1900)
5) Women’s League Roller Derby, New York. (1950)
6) Strong Women Lifting Heavy Blocks of Ice. (1918)
7) Brave Parisian Women Shield Their Kids from German Sniper Fire. (1944)
8) A Muslim Woman helps a Jewish Woman Avoid Prosecution by Covering Up her Star of David, Sarajevo. (1941)
9) Komako Kimura, a Well-Respected Japanese Suffragist, Marches in New York. (October 23, 1917)
10) The First Female Basketball Team from Smith College. (1902)
11) A Brave Female Samurai Warrior. (Circa Late 1800’s)