If you love gardening and have plenty of plants in your home and garden, you’re often facing this dilemma: should you or should not free up the pot and throw away that struggling plant that’s been looking all sad and withered for a while now? We say, ‘Give it another chance, and plenty of love and attention!
These neglected and forgotten plants were once on the brink of death, but they are now brimming with vitality once again. Who knows? Maybe these before and after transformations will inspire you and help save a plant or two.
1. “Picked this guy up from Walmart a few weeks ago. From dull and dry to shiny and hydrated!”
2. What a difference a year of care and love can make!
3. This person rescued a Chinese Evergreen, this is the same plant two years apart
4. “1 year of progress on my Pilea Peperomioides after nearly killing it.”
5. This person rescued this succulent after a neighbor threw it away. It started blooming in a year.
6. It turned out that this sad and shriveled plant was a succulent plant!
7. “Found this guy underneath the discount table at Walmart. the cashier asked me why I was buying a dead plant. 15 hours later…”
8. The same Jade plant, 5 months apart
9. Three months of progress on a once-sad Sedum
10. “Resurrection! Cut off all dead leaves and stems and a few weeks later, it’s looking fantastic!”
11. “One year on from rescuing this fiddle leaf fig from the side of the road.”
12. Can you even believe that it’s the same aloe plant?
13. This plant was rescued from the trash. Two and a half years later, it outgrew the apartment!
14. “Before I realized it was a jade plant, I thought it was dead. Today, it’s my favorite plant by far.”