Nothing really puts things in perspective better than taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture. Many natural events become clearer when seen in comparison to the relative. What is a drop of water in comparison to an ocean? How big is the magnificent blue whale beside a human? How fast do cheetahs really move? A good comparison can even help you make everyday decisions. The best way to understand these comparisons is to picture them, or even better, photograph them. Listed here are 25 photographs that really capture the naturally occurring differences in everything from seasons to size and age in a few perfect real-life shots.
1. A person beside one of the lesser-known larger species of cactus
2. A one-month-old baby next to his 97-year-old grandmother
3. The head of a lion compared to the head of a human
4. The skull of a whale next to a person
5. A blue whale with a person closely behind it