Let me start by saying that ‘being alone’ and ‘feeling lonely’ is not the same thing. Staying alone is a choice while feeling lonely is not.
A heart-wrenching feeling you get when you’ve no one to talk to is something that can stay with you for a long time. You want to cry but no one is there to wipe your tears. You want to share but feel like no one cares.
Loneliness makes you feel you are invisible in a crowd and this invisibility can kill your soul. And this loneliness has the ability to harm. Here’s what you can do to feel better.
1. You can volunteer for something you’re interested in.
2. Identify the cause of your loneliness and try to make relevant changes.
3. Reconnect with a friend you can rely on.
4. Show up at a friend’s place who you know would welcome you.
5. Let your creativity shine. Do something you feel you are happy doing.
6. Try and hang out with like minded people who’ll help you feel better.