All of us have a negative voice in our heads. However, it is when this negative voice takes over that it starts having a bad effect on your life. You lose self-confidence, start doubting your own actions and end up feeling horribly pessimistic. This stops you from mustering up the courage to take control of your life. Hence, it is extremely important that we cope with these negative thoughts before they do too much harm.
Here are 11 ways to stop the negative voice in your head:
1. Write down all the things you’re thankful for and you’ll feel the negativity disappearing. It’ll also help you restore some positivity to your thought process.
2. Start doing things that will distract you. It doesn’t have to be anything elaborate. Something as simple as doodling on a paper, cooking something for yourself or reading a book you love also works.
3. Go for a long walk. We often underestimate the power of taking a walk alone and how much it helps us to clear our heads.
4. Confront your negative thoughts. Every single time a negative thought pops in to your head, quickly ask yourself if it’s something you actually need to worry about. Reasoning with yourself will help you realise that you’re giving too much importance to issues that require none.
5. Take screenshots of all the positivity in your life. From parents asking about your health to the best friends who compliment you, reading all these things again will put a smile on your face and help you dispel the bad thoughts.
6. More often than not, we just need to say it all loud in order to deal with it. Talk to friends, family or a medical expert to figure out what is pulling you down. This will help you structure your thoughts better and figure out healthy solutions.