There is a certain fascination that comes with abandoned buildings. After all, every deserted place has a history. You may ask yourself questions like ‘What did this place look like in its heyday?’ or ‘Who were the people that called this place home?’ The sense of mystery is only heightened by the clear signs of the passage of time, like nature taking over the structure.
While abandoned buildings can be creepy, they can also exhibit a mysterious beauty. Just take a look at this collection of intriguing and long-forgotten spots around the world.
1. Abandoned schoolhouse, Licking County, Ohio
2. A gravestone for someone’s beloved dog
3. An abandoned house on Eliot St., Detroit, Michigan
4. A petrified iron ladder, somewhere in France
5. An abandoned glass mansion in Virginia
6. A strip club or “oppabu” in Japan, abandoned in 1997
7. An abandoned orphanage built in Istanbul in 1899