Malaysia is as stunning as Thailand, and before you think it’s all shopping malls, crazy traffic and skyscrapers, here are 15 things you should definitely do other than shop.
1. Get a bird’s eye view of Kuala Lumpur, atop the iconic Petronas Towers or the Menara KL.
2. Visit the limestone Batu caves north of Kuala Lumpur.
The caves are host to a shrine dedicated to the Hindu deity Murugan and is one of the most popular outside India.
3. Go scuba diving at the Tioman Islands
4. Learn how to dance like a Kadazan tribesman.
5. Try Indian dishes that have become very popular in Malaysia.
Roti chanai consists of a flaky Malabar-style paratha which is dipped in either chicken or fish curry, followed by a sip of delicious Teh Tarik (pulled ginger chai). It is a popular breakfast item among the locals.