This year, the judges of the 2018 Siena International Photo Awards had the unenviable task of sifting through no less than 48,000 submissions from 156 countries. Nevertheless, the results are in, and the 20 submissions you’re about to see below are some of the very best entries. Enjoy!
1. El Calbuco, Chile (1st Place In The Beauty Of The Nature Category)
This photo was taken during a violent eruption of Mount Calbuco, a volcano located in the Lagos region of Chile.
2. Arctic Fox, Usa (3rd Place In Animals In Their Environment Category)
It took the photographer two hours of patient waiting before this female Arctic fox would allow him to get close enough to take this picture.
3. Sharing Emotion (Remarkable Award In Fascinating Faces And Characters Category)
4. Rhino Silhouette, Kenya (Honorable Mention In Animals In Their Environment Category)
An early-morning search for the Great Migration led to the photographer coming across the lone rhino you see above.
5. Cosmic Wildflowers, Brazil (Honorable Mention In The beauty of the nature Category)
A 180º panorama combined with the Milky Way in the background magnifies a field of Paepalanthus wildflowers in the Veadeiros Tablelands national park.