The mysterious world that exists underwater is one of the most beautiful and surprising things in our universe, which is why it isn’t surprising that fish and other creatures that can be found there peak the interest of thousands of divers from around the world, and serve as a perfect setting for photography enthusiasts among them. To record what they see, and because of events such as Scuba Diving Magazine’s underwater photography contest, most of them carry special cameras with them and capture stunning images and magical moments that few see. We invite you to scroll down and experience 15 of the best photos of 2018 taken by underwater divers.
1. Reverse image of a whale returning to the water after a jump, seeming to float in the air
2. An anti-aircraft tank sunken off the coast of Jordan
3. Fine silvery minnows under pink water plants
4. A crab inside a house that looks like a tennis ball
5. Two bony fish peering out of a bottleneck that has become their home
6. A woman looks at her own reflection under water