Remember when you really wanted to move out of your home? The idea of freedom lured all of us. We didn’t want curfews to stop us, we wanted to make a mess without being taunted for it and we looked forward to having a space we could call our own, without any restrictions.
However, the reality is pretty cruel. What seemed like a gateway to freedom, suddenly starts feeling like torture. Staying away from your family, the regular taunts from your landlord and making your food on your own are responsibilities that you never asked for.
Here are 9 things that no one tells you about moving away from home:
1. You will start crying the moment you move out of home because the weight of all the responsibilities will hit you.
2. Your parents’ curfew time will seem like a dream compared to your landlord’s curfew time. Hopefully, in this moment, you will realise that the biggest enemy of your freedom is your landlord.
3. You’re going to be eating a lot of Maggi. Like, a whole lot of it.
4. Whenever your mom calls and asks you if you’ve eaten food, you’ll lie to her and tell her you’ve had a full meal. After hanging up, you’ll cry because there’s no ‘ghar ka khaana’ that awaits you when you’re back home.
5. Being away from home and that too in a new city with no friends will make you feel extremely lonely initially. A whole lot of nights will look like this and that’s alright.