Dessert making is not for everyone; it gets messy, pricey, and overly complicated. But everyone deserves a sweet treat once in a while.
With these 5-ingredient desserts, we’ve got you covered. Try these recipes when you’re in the mood for something short on ingredients but big on flavour.
1. Nutella Berry Crepes.
· 3 eggs
· 4 tablespoons cream cheese
· Assorted berries
· Put the eggs and cream cheese in a bowl and whisk until the cream cheese becomes a homogenous mixture with the egg.
· Turn your stove on to 350°F, about medium-high, and coat a frying pan in olive oil.
· Pour 3 spoonfuls of the mixture into the frying pan.
· When the bottom side of the crepe is hard and a deep yellow color (or a little brown if you want to be safe), flip it over. Once both sides have cooked, remove the crepe from the pan and put on a plate.
· Repeat the process until the mix has run out.
· Spread one half of the crepe with Nutella, top with berries and then fold the other side over it.
Recipe Courtesy: Spoon University
2. Strawberry Mousse.
· 1 packet unflavored gelatin
· 2 bags frozen strawberries, thawed
· 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
· 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 3 cups heavy cream
· Place 1/4 cup water in a cup and sprinkle gelatin on top. Set aside to soften.
· In a bowl, mash strawberries with a whisk or potato masher and then strain into another bowl. You will have about 1 2/3 cups puree. Add sugar and lemon juice and stir until sugar dissolves.
· Microwave softened gelatin for 30 seconds on high power. Measure 1/4 cup strawberry puree and set aside. Whisk gelatin into remaining strawberry puree.
· Whip cream until stiff. Gently fold in one third of strawberry-gelatin mixture until nearly incorporated. Fold in remaining strawberry mixture in 2 more batches in same manner. Drizzle reserved strawberry puree onto mousse and fold once or twice. (Do not overblend if you want decorative streaks.)
· Scrape mousse into a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Serve in individual glass bowls or dishes.
Recipe Courtesy: My Recipes
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Pops.
· 3 bananas, sliced into thirds
· 1 cup chocolate chips (try dark chocolate for extra decadence)
· 2 tablespoons peanut butter
· 9 popsicle sticks
· Wax paper
· Cut the bananas into thirds after peeling. Gently push a popsicle stick into each banana piece.
· Lay the banana pops on wax paper and put them in the freezer while you complete the next steps.
· Combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a bowl. Microwave the combination until melted (Keep an eye on the mixture so you don’t burn it!). Stir until smooth.
· Pour the mixture into a tall drinking glass. Remove the bananas from the freezer.
· Dip each banana in the glass and coat it completely.
· Lay the bananas back down onto the wax paper and put them in the freezer. Remove after about 5 hours and enjoy!